Click here for a copy of our Children & Youth Protection Policy
Our children are precious to us and to God. It is our responsibility to do all we can to protect them. While we certainly trust God and ask God to protect our children, we believe that God will honor and often works through safeguards and precautions, based on sound counsel, to accomplish His purpose.
Requirements for Volunteering in Children/Youth Ministry
As a new volunteer, our Child/Youth Protection Policy must be followed. Your first step is completing the require Background checks and then attending a Child Protection Class. We hope the following information will be helpful and make this procedure go smoothly. If you have any questions, please contact Kendra Angle, Brent Hey, or the Church Office.
In order to complete the Child Protection Class in the quickest and simplest way, we are asking that you complete the following forms within 7 days, so your file is updated and you are able to begin serving. You can return your completed forms to the Church Office. Thank you for your help in making sure that all of our children, youth and volunteers are protected!
Required Background Verification Steps to Volunteer at Antrim BIC Church
- PA State Police Background Check – Go to: https://epatch.state.pa.us
- PA Child Abuse History clearance – Go to: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
- FBI Fingerprint or signed affidavit (dependent on the length of residence in PA)
If you have not resided in PA for the past 10 years, you will need to be fingerprinted – Go to: http://www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania
Additional Paperwork Required by Antrim BIC Church
Please submit the following….
- 2. References- Please complete the reference section; we will contact your references.
- Copy of Drivers License
Directions for Completing Background Checks
- Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- FBI Criminal Background Check/ fingerprinting)
*** FBI Check is only if you have not lived in PA for the last 10 years***
If you have already recently completed these, you may print copies of your original results. Please return copies to Kendra, Natalie, Emma, or Brent.
If you have not completed the above checks/clearances please do so. Follow the directions below:
PA Criminal Record Check
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Click on NEW RECORD CHECK- Volunteers Only
- On the next screen enter the information from the chart below. This is the requestor’s information ( on the right side)
- After you complete the requestor information, click on PROCEED.
- You will then enter all of your personal information and click on ENTER THIS REQUEST.
- Then click on FINISHED.
- Then click SUBMIT
- To get your results click on the Control # in the top left corner
- Click on CERTIFICATION FORM & print the results
PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Go to https: compass.state.pa.us/cwis
- You will need to CREATE AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT. When doing this you will set up an account & password.
- After you have set up an account, you will receive an email.
- You will then log into your account and complete your background check
FBI Fingerprint or Signed Affidavit
If you have resided in PA for the past 10 years you do NOT need to be fingerprinted.
1) Please fill out & sign the affidavit in your folder.
If you have not resided in PA for the past 10 years you DO need to be fingerprinted. This cost is currently $21.35
1) Go to: http://www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania
2) Choose Digital Fingerprinting
3) Service Code: 1KG6Y3
4) Click on Select or Manage an appointment
5) Choose yes and then next
6) Fill in all fields of the profile form then click on next
7) Complete all of your personal information
8) At the Enrollment Center zip code enter 17202
9) Choose Chambersburg on Loop Rd
10) Choose your appointment date & time
11) You will need to pay by credit card for this background check
After you receive both of your reports, you can email copies of your reports to [email protected] .
Or, you may give your copies to Kendra, Brent, or the Church Office by placing them in their church mailboxes.